To say my romance TBR list has gotten a little out of hand would be an understatement. (And that list only includes the actual books I own and/or have on hold. It also doesn’t include the list of books written down in my actual TBR wishlist notebook.)
The majority of my romance reading is done digitally, which in my case is a double-edged sword. Reading digitally is a major convenience for me, I usually always have my phone with me and I do a lot my e-reading on my phone, so much so that I’ll be upgrading to an iPhone plus in the coming months. The downside of reading digitally is I can get a little overzealous with buying and/or placing holds on e-books.
My mind is wired to look for sales and buying items when they are on sale (thanks, Mom!) and I can’t say no to a deal on an e-book. I’ve tried, and have failed spectacularly most of the time. It’s also quite dangerous because buying digitally is my version of skirting my personal book buying ban, which I know makes no sense or logic whatsoever, but that’s how I justify it to myself. (*looks away in shame*)
That being said, I do want to share what books are currently on my romance TBR list since I am quite excited about a lot of them, okay, all of them.
iBooks – This is where I do the majority of my digital reading and where the majority of my dollars go when it comes to e-books. It’s where I started reading digitally actually since my first tablet purchase was an iPad, one that I still use, mostly to do e-reading on.
The TBR list:
- Breathless – Beverly Jenkins
- Always with You – Talia Hibbert
- Love Will Always Remember – Tracey Livesay
- A Princess in Theory – Alyssa Cole
- Roomies – Christina Lauren
- Take the Lead – Alexis Daria
- A Change of Heart – Sonali Dev
- Rock Addiction – Nalini Singh
- Act Like It – Lucy Parker
- Hold Me – Courtney Milan
- Fine Me – Courtney Milan (pre-ordered)
- Hurts to Love You – Alisha Rai (pre-ordered)
Kindle – Kindle is probably my second most used digital reading app, and one that I really didn’t start using until last year. (Sidenote: I really enjoyed their major update that happened in the past few months.) Most of the deals that I see related to e-books sales are through Kindle, though a lot of the time they do correspond with similar sales via iBooks. This doesn’t always happen though since Canadian and US pricing is different and because not all books share the same publishers in Canada and the US.
The TBR list:
- Advance Physical Chemistry – Susannah Nix
- A Girl Like Her – Talia Hibbert
- The Princess Trap – Talia Hibbert
- Off Limits – Clare Connelly
- Bad for the Boss – Talia Hibbert
- The Obsession – Liliana Lee
- The Day of the Duchess – Sarah Maclean
- The Duchess Deal – Tessa Dare
Libby – Libby is the newest app from Overdrive, which handles most of the digital/audiobooks for libraries in Canada and the US. In all honesty, I love this app. It’s easy to use, it’s beautifully designed, it syncs the books you’re reading on whichever device you are reading on, and it’s free (for me at least since my local library doesn’t require an annual membership fee).
The TBR list:
- A Kiss for Midwinter – Courtney Milan
- Wallbanger – Alice Clayton
- Dating You/Hating You – Christina Lauren
Print Books – They make up about 5% of my romance reading, mostly because the price of mass market print books (which is the format of most romance novels are in) is almost on par with e-books pricing in Canada. What tips my choice when it comes to e-books over print books is that I can get e-books instantaneously while I would have to wait to buy the print book.
The TBR list:
- A Hope Divided – Alyssa Cole
- The Wedding Date – Jasmine Guillory
- Silver Silence – Nalini Singh
- A Rogue by Any Other Name – Sarah Maclean
- Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake – Sarah Maclean
- The Hating Game – Sally Thorne
- Ugly Love – Colleen Hoover
What books are on your romance TBR list? Any suggestions that you have that you think I might like?
Thanks for reading!